Episode twenty-two of jep_cast
coming your way! Recorded on July 19, 2008 with three of your hosts - Jennie
- bringing you the usual brand of
love as they talk about this past week's Johnny's Entertainment news and Pride talk! JAM
-packed episode with lots of content, plus a letter segment you don't wanna miss.The One Where the Perm Spreads Through Johnny'sRunning Time:
82.5 MBDownload Links: MU
| MF*New Smaller Size*Size:
41.3 MBDownload Links: MU
| MFStreaming Audio:
Note: If the streaming isn't showing the latest episode, please clear your cache and refresh.Show Notes:
■ Right off the bat, we start out the insanity as we give Peyton her batsu game, Japanese tongue twisters.
▪ The rules to this game are that she must say each tongue twister
three, two times fully in order to successfully move on to the next one. We count how many she can say in two and a half minutes! :D We fed Peyton the lines through chat, and she had never seen them before (by our doing, that is).
▪ The tongue twisters we made her read in romaji and its translation:
▪ Basu gasu bakuhatsu busu basu gaido. (bus gas explosion ugly bus guide)
▪ Tonari no kyaku wa yoku kaki kuu kyaku da. (The neighbors' visitor eats a lot of persimmons.)
▪ Uraniwa niwa niwa, niwa niwa niwa, niwatori ari. (In the back yard there are two chickens and in the front yard there are two chickens.)
▪ Uriuri ga uri urini kite uri urezu uri uri kaeru uriuri no koe. (A melon vender came to sell melons, but no melon was sold; O, the voice of melon vender who is back, selling melons.)
▪ Tōkyō Tokkyo Kyokakyoku. (Tokyo Special Patent Approval office)
JE NEWS (06:32)
▪ "They spent five dollars on this PV, not even the usual 15!"
▪ We don't exactly have the best things to say about this PV. XPPPP
▪ We theorize that maybe Johnny has designated one person in each of the groups to have a perm. SMAP, done. V6, done. Arashi, done. NewS, done. KAT-TUN, done. Who's next (left)?
■ Theme song for 33-pun Tantei, Secret Code, will have a single
▪ It's probably a "mysterious" song since it is for a detective drama
▪ Kamika has no idea how to range the news when she tries to move on to the next topic. Fail.
■ A video for Kaze no Mukou e complete with a separate video for Sho's awesome rap and a private interview
▪ Jennie finally found the song that she's passionate about from Arashi. :D
▪ Peyton loved seeing Sho angst over writing the lyrics.
▪ Arashi's totally used to empowering and all that jazz; they used to do that for volleyball after all!
■ News clips for Shige's butai
▪ We would kill for one of Shige's pamphlets. They're fucking gorgeous.
▪ Jennie shares too much, Peyton will vouch for this. XP
■ Weeeek PV - Preview for the Tokyo Dome DVD
▪ "Massu. Massu Massu Massu." "He was happy and bouncy and in yellow and just plain freaking adorable."
▪ We anticipate this DVD being moving, because damn it, it's NewS in Tokyo Dome.
▪ "There's no boom at the end? You'd think there'd be a boom at the end. It needs a boom." Jennie's Hubby is the cutest thing ever.
■ Tegoshi takes up his role in Shabake for Shabake 2, Uso Uso
▪ We can't say much about this since none of the hosts have actually seen Shabake (the first)
▪ We want more work for Tegoshi or Massu or both. Gachibaka cannot be following them around, can it?! T.T
■ Your Seed PV
▪ WE DON'T GET THIS TITLE. AS;DLFJASKLDJ WHAT THE HECK.
▪ Jennie can't get over the marching band-ness.
▪ We are planning their demise. ...Or rather, I should say Jennie and Peyton are. I think they're HORRIBLE. :X
▪ Peyton is anticipating what will happen when Chinen (and most of the Hey!Say!7 boys)'s voices crack.
■ Utaban, July 17, Music Station, July 18
▪ Peyton loves the Utaban performance, Jennie loves the Music Station performance - such a nice balance, ne?
▪ "I went back just to see if he did the tongue thing, because I thought he was copying Jin that much."
▪ Jennie wants everyone to start calling it "YS" instead of "Your Seed."
■ Akiyama Jun leaves Johnny's
▪ We theorize that this may mean that Johnny is pushing for a debut for Butokan.
▪ "To be debuted is to make a lot more money than you did as a junior."
■ Nikkan Sports Awards
▪ We "duh" the fact that Kimura Takuya won best actor.
▪ We wonder why CHANGE beat out Last Friends for best drama.
▪ Ryo's win wasn't actually by that much; there might've been votes spread out for the other supporting actors?
Drama Talk (40:25)
■ Pride Episodes 1-3
▪ Peyton warns us off the bat that she really didn't like this drama terribly much.
▪ We have a lot of love for the rapid-fire dialogue and how the cinematography matches up with it.
▪ This drama has a balance between the subtlety and the heavy-handedness. We wax on about the various ways they do both, and whether they're successful or not.
▪ Jennie can accept the cheese, because she's just so emotionally invested. Peyton, on the other hand, does not like it whatsoever. XP And says so.
▪ "Whoosh. Full dramatics!" "Pitter patter." = Reactions to the same scene. See the ends of the spectrum. I wonder if it's pretty there. XP
▪ "Do I have an opinion? No, no, I don't."
▪ Peyton suggests we have a drinking game every time they bring up the topic of "pride." Jennie shoots that down immediately. You don't really want drunk hosts, now do you?
▪ Episode 4-7 for next week, guys!
Letter Segment (1:09:49)
■ The JEP rap-a-thon~
We'll have all the information repeated in another post following this one! So be on the look-out for that. :D We'll link to it after it goes up. :D All information can be found here.
■ Favorite Johnny's PV!
▪ A lot of people had a hard time deciding on their favorites, sadly. The hosts also had trouble with this. lol
▪ lockability chose Ore Ja Nakya, Kimi Ja Nakya by 20th Century; gingifere chose Lips and Don't U Ever Stop by KAT-TUN; phonestrap chose Jin's Version of Real Face by KAT-TUN, and Rhey, our dear co-host, chose Kibou ~Yell~ by NewS. (Ironically, I was totally going to chose Kibou ~Yell~ as my favorite, go figure.)
▪ As for your hosts! Mine is Teppen by NewS, Jennie's is Weeeek by NewS, Peyton's is Kagen no Tsuki by Domoto Koichi. (And cheats, because she manages to slip in that her honorable mention is Osaka Rainy Blue by Kanjani8, the raining version, not the studio one.)
▪ APPARENTLY, I AM PREDICTABLE. They both guessed that I would say mine and the reasons why I like it. XP
▪ Kagen no Tsuki is totally Koichi as Rurouni Kenshin. It's gorgeous.
■ Next week, we're asking you guys to tell us What is your least favorite Johnny's PV? Hopefully this will be an easier question and we can get way more responses! :DDD
■ We are at a serious loss for words for a good ending talk.
▪ "Go, speed racer, go!" "You drive me crazy."
▪ We show our Rhey love, wanting her to come back. "Please perform CPR on JEP Cast."
▪ JENNIE MET AN ACTUAL DOCTOR HELI. HAPPY NEWS, YO.
▪ Worst closing ever.
Please contact us with your thoughts and opinions, here at jep_cast
, in the comments, or at our email: email@example.com
. You can also reach us via voicemail at 206-202-3859
. Next week, we'll be discussing least
favorite PV; do get your responses in so we can discuss it in our letter segment! We look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions~ ♥♥