brings you our eighteenth episode as three of your hosts - Jennie
, and Peyton
- bring you their usual brand of insanity.The One Where Arashi's Shiny Sparkles Do Not Fix GovernmentsRunning Time:
76.1 MBDownload Links: MU
| MF*New Smaller Size*Size:
38.1 MBDownload Links: MU
| MFStreaming Audio:
Note: If the streaming isn't showing the latest episode, please clear your cache and refresh.Show Notes:
■ 2008.06.19 - Kanjani8's Recommen with Drunk Ryo
▪ Everyone was supposed to be Recommen for that episode, but somehow they were all double-booked, even one of the main hosts, Hina
▪ Ryo told them he got his hair bleached. (Except he totally didn't.)
▪ Peyton heard the clip so many times that it's kinda creepy.
JE NEWS (4:49)
■ DVD Single, Vibes
▪ Kami and Peyton wonder what the heck this is - a DVD? CD?
▪ Peyton manages to save herself from getting a batsu point!
■ Arashi Around Asia Tour 2008
▪ Peyton mocks my pronunciation of November again
▪ We're scared about Arashi performing in mainland China - but we hope it'll go off without a hitch
▪ Peyton has to actually think of how NewS breaks down - "East? What was it?"
■ 2008.06.20 - Music Station Performance of One Love and Talk
▪ Jennie thinks that Nino's tux is silver because he may have turned into a diva. *gasp*
▪ Ohno refuses to teach the guys how to fish - Nino thinks that defeats the purpose of them going with him.
▪ Peyton just wanted moreeeee.
■ 2008.06.18 - Tegomass' Single, Ai Ai Gasa
▪ This sounds like Tegomass - takes this as you like, I suppose
▪ Peyton ironically finds herself liking the Pocchi song even though she'd been making fun of it for weeks
▪ Kami says it's a compliment that Tegomass puts her to sleep
■ 2008.06.14 - Tegomass on Hi!Hey!Say!
■ 2008.06.15 - Tegomass on Domoto Kyoudai
■ 2008.06.16 - Tegomass on Hey!Hey!Hey!
■ 2008.06.17 - News clips of Tegomass' Live Event
■ 2008.06.19 - Tegomass on Sakigake, Tegomass on Music Japan
▪ Jennie is creep and has her own Tegomass appearances list - Peyton totally called it
▪ Shige stole the show during Domoto Kyoudai! Jennie and Peyton agree. (Wait, isn't this the Tegomass section?!)
▪ Umbrella is a theme for their appearances! ...Yeah, total surprise. XP
▪ (The noises start! Well, the louder noises anyway)
■ The Start of Code Blue Promotions
▪ Peyton flails all over again (trust me, again) over the Code Blue press conference
▪ Erika looks mature, not immature. (Peyton flails about her hair - weirdo)
▪ Yamapi's hair is disturbing - or is eating his head, as Peyton eloquently puts it
▪ Kami likes making Peyton scream
■ Subaru and Hina star in "Arigatou, Okan"
▪ It's a special, we're pretty sure, but Tokyograph's post makes it sound like a regular renzoku drama. Weird.
▪ It can be sappy and sad, or... sappy and sad
■ Koki's Shounen Club Premium (with translations!)
▪ "It was the late nineties. They had some crazy-ass names for junior units at that time."
▪ Koki talked about Jin's hiatus - we're really impressed and glad because he's the first to talk about it, unlike Kame and Nakamaru who were on SCP before
▪ We wonder about Tegoshi's blond shades - "You know what the right shade is? Not blond."
■ Nakamaru's one-man stageplay, Nakamaru no Tanoshii Jikan - Nakamaru's Fun Time
▪ Nakamaru's title is totally dirty - bring on the jokes, yo
▪ Kami has to give permission for Peyton to cough during his segment
▪ Nakamaru's more modest than the average bear
▪ Jennie's reaction is completely weak. I wonder if this is what Nakamaru heard. >.>
Drama Talk (42:07)
■ Hana Yori Dango: 7-9
▪ Arashi's Wish is catchy as all hell - although totally not appropriate at the ending of the drama because it cuts in between tense scenes
▪ We realize that pretty much everyone experiences unrequited love at one point or another - unless you're married or Tsukasa's mom
▪ We pimped out the hard gay version of Hanadan. XP (Go here to watch streaming!)
▪ Props to Inoue Mao and MatsuJun because they totally fit as Makino and Domyouji. ♥♥
▪ We question this apple symbolism - what exactly is it supposed to mean?
▪ Jennie's comment that the ending isn't so great sends Peyton in a frenzy (Streaming for the behind the scenes of the kiss scene that Kami mentioned)
▪ Peyton's just making an ass out of herself. As Jennie lovingly puts it.
▪ Our next drama is Tantei Gakuen Q! Join us for episodes 1-4 next week, guys~ ♥
Letter Segment (1:09:46)
■ How long does it take you to put JEP Cast Together??
▪ There's a lot of hours thrown around that really doesn't need to be summarized. Jennie says it's 20 hours, but really, it's about a day's work to a day and an hour. So I've calculated anyway.
▪ Kami's basic math skills have deteriorated since changing majors - she doesn't need them after all!
▪ We fuel Jennie's ego and tell her that she's loved~
■ Jennie finally explains what all that background noise was - her husband building something
▪ She can't complain because she asked him to do it
▪ Peyton thinks that maybe Jennie's lying about him "building" something.
Please contact us with your thoughts and opinions, here at jep_cast
, in the comments, or at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also reach us via voicemail at 206-202-3859
. Feel free to leave us a short message, and we might just play it on air during our letter segment! Hope you've all enjoyed! :D