▪ PEYTON & FRIENDS!
▪ Except, Peyton's leaving us. Boo hoo hoo.
▪ Peyton, the J-Drama Queen, Peyton Sensei, MaedaAtsuko!Peyton
N E W S ( A U G U S T 4 - 1 0 ) SMAP
▪ Oricon Charts [ 1
▪ Moment tops the singles chart, 48th top ten singles by male artists
▪ Sold 130K+ copies, kinda low? Maybe because it wasn't an Olympics song on its own?
▪ Gift of SMAP album [ 1
▪ Gift PV is super colourful, vibrant, fun. Opposite from the lackluster Moment PV.
▪ Did Tsuyoshi keep looking off screen? Did he accidentally lipsync someone else's part? LOL
▪ SMAP having fun, laughing, hugging, being playful and cute! LOOKS SO DAMN FAKE UGH?
▪ Nakai's smile and wanna be adorable movement is FREAKY!!!!!
▪ Favourite track from the album: MONSTERS!!!!
▪ Half the album is good, half is meh? Or maybe it's more in the meh side completely.
▪ Inakute Sabishii, Mae ni, Angel Heart, I Wanna Be Your Man are pretty good. Rest is kinda blah.
▪ Let's just talk about Shingo and Yamapi's Monsters. That is all.
▪ If the TBS drama with this song better be appropriately as good >:E
▪ Nakai, stop singing solos. You can write these songs from someone else. GHOST SINGER
▪ Kimura's solo lacks the Kimura charm. No good. Goro's solo is better. Tsuyosh's Enka remake is meh.
▪ WE NEED MONSTERS PV THAT SHIT WOULD BE HOTTTTT SMAP/V6
▪ Kayou-Kyoku, Aug 7 [ 1
▪ Sakamoto and Nakai call each other without honorifics...
▪ Why do 20th Century always get shunted in PR. Coming Century gets all the spotlight.
▪ 20th Century is happy to just be featured on singles lol, it's okay if Coming Century gets all the B sides.
▪ "Higashiyama Sempai ran around like a crazy maniac on stage, you should do it, too," says Matsuoka.
▪ Miyake Ken looks less korean?
▪ Keep On took V6 six months to create. WHY IS IT SO CRAP.
▪ Music Station, Aug 10 [ 1
▪ Shingo asked Nakai to write Crazy Five while he was filming Ataru. It was not good.
▪ Nakai randomly prompts Tamori and Goro to profess their love to each other? AWK
▪ Seems that SMAP's red outfits bring about opposite reactions.
▪ Nakai looks frumpyyyyy. Maybe cuz he flew in from London?
▪ Sakamoto messes up and hangs his head in shame. V6
▪ kEEP oN single [ 1
▪ WHAT IS THIS SHIT THIS IS SUCH AN INSULT TO FANS
▪ The song is mish mash of so many things and nothing works chorus is generic and okay but WHAT THE HELL INOCCHI AT THE END
▪ Ai wo Komete is nice. Only redeeming feature of this single.
▪ The PV doesn't do anything for the song. Freaky kid, crowded dancing, makes zero sense.
▪ V6 demonstate their artistic skillz. MORITA GO YOU FUCKING IDIOT LOL Sakamoto is great.
▪ They should just gather all the shitty drawers in JE and have them play this game Tackey & Tsubasa
▪ Burn the Floor to have Tsubasa as guest dancer [ 1
▪ December 5th - 9th NEWS
▪ Oshareism, Aug 5 [ 1
▪ Koyama buys his way into becoming the leader
▪ Tegoshi never brings his wallet and never treats anyone
▪ Tegoshi's like such a major douchebag, like what the hell??? WHY DOES HE EXIST
▪ How did thie happen to Tegoshi? What's with this insane asshole vibe.
▪ Is Tegoshi's condescending aura reminiscent of Goro's? Does he need a scandal to reset him?
▪ Tegoshi likes to go after girls who have boyfriends? >:E Dickhead
▪ This felt less like a promo and more like negative press for NEWS. :( Yamashita Tomohisa
▪ Yamapi to release DVD/blu-ray of concert tour [ 1
▪ Yokohama Arena, Aug 3 - 5, Ero P con, release date: November 28
▪ NAKED YAMAPI Kanjani8
▪ Stadium and arena tour and a new single [ 1
▪ Will be performing at Ajinomoto and Nagai Stadiums, Sept 15 - 30
▪ Arena tour begins Oct 27, end Dec 27 in Nagoya, 10 different locations
▪ Aoppana single to be released Sept 5th, RE/LE DVD PV ＋ making KAT-TUN
▪ To have regular TV show [ 1
▪ Sekai ichi Dame Na Yoru will be a regular show starting August 24th
▪ It's a late night time slot on Friday nights. How much exposure will this get them!?!? Kis-My-Ft2
▪ Beginners Soundtrack [ 1
▪ Released Sept 19, CD + DVD LE, RE CD
▪ DVD will include drama off shoot video with Fujigaya and Kitayama
▪ To have variety special [ 1
▪ 1 hour SPs on Fuji TV, title: KisMyBUSAIKU, try to become COOL MEN inside and out
▪ Members' shower scenes, perfect kiss, etc.
▪ The show is about the boys trying to convince you they're not losers, THEY'RE COOL!!! A.B.C-Z
▪ To have 2nd DVD single [ 1
▪ Released September 12th. LE/RE (PV + making of + 3 skits + bonus clips + posters)
▪ These kind of feel like audition tapes to TV stations. Johnny's Jrs.
▪ Yonehana Tsuyoshi retires from entertainment industry [ 1
▪ Used to be part of Musical Academy
▪ Future plans not yet known
▪ Aww, Koichi's losing his on stage bffs D: Multiple
▪ 16th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix [ 1
▪ Best drama, #1 Kagi no Kakatta Heya, #2 Ataru #4 Legal High
▪ Ohno, Nakai, Tsuyoshi, Ohkua all made best actors/supporting list
▪ Ohno getting #1 over Nakai? Debatable? Nakai was way better? Fangirls don't agree.
▪ FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri, Aug 8 [ 1
▪ SMAP in white dress jackets! YAY, MOMENT!
▪ TegoMasu add up with Yuzu, become YuGoMaZu
▪ SEXY ZONE JUST GO AWAY PLEASE WHAT IS THIS SONG WHY DOES THIS EXIST
▪ Peyton would have thrown a potato at Sezy Zone
▪ KisMy's Wanna Beeee!!! is awesome.
▪ OMG SENGA YOU'RE BACK IN FRONT LIKE YOU USED TO BE YAY
L E T T E R / Q U E S T I O N
▪ Next week/This week's question: If your favorite Johnny's group were to do an English album, choose five songs you'd want on it.
(In other words, song that they've already done, but translated to English.)
▪ No time so we're moving it to next week.
Songs used in this week's podcast are from
NYC's Haina single.