The One Where SMAP RetiresRunning Time:
1:48:08Size: 49.5 MBDownload Links: MFHosts:
O P E N I N G
▪ This gave us SUCH a heart attack!!!!!!!
▪ SMAP to go on indefinite hiatus? [ 1 ]
▪ Video shows SMAP in a press conference announcing "We're returning back to normal men"
▪ !!!!!!!! It was probably all Nakai's idea!
N E W S ( J U L Y 2 1 - 2 7 ) SMAP
▪ Kusanagi completes marathon for FNS 27 hr TV [ 1 ]
▪ Successfully completed 100 km (62 miles)
▪ Kimura and Inagaki joined him for last kilometer
▪ Tsuyoshi: “I almost cried”
▪ Knee started acting up at 65km mark but kept on going
▪ Kami: “This is a sign of how awesome Kusanagi is” *wibble*
▪ Kayou-Kyoku, July 24 [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ]
▪ SMAP started and ended the show with Gift and Moment
▪ Performance was so much more kakkoii than Ongaku no Hi
▪ Way more energy in their performance this time compared to Ongaku no Hi
▪ Kis-my-ft2 performed Wanna Beeee but not it has matrix set! FIRE! SMOKE! Very cool!
▪ Nakai hits on Goro and Kusanagi (rub leg)
▪ This perf was two days after 27HR TV
▪ Nakai trolls Kusanagi by trying to get him to jump
▪ II TOMO!!
▪ Nakai is #foreveralone
▪ Kusanagi forgets who he is
▪ Yoko/Hina on 5LDK, July 23 [ 1 ]
▪ Continuation of joke from Higashi’s appearance
▪ Come in with Higashi masks
▪ Yoko doesn’t eat Yakiniku
▪ Taichi took them back to his house and played songs from Act II (their 9th album)
▪ Subaru and Hina got love advice from Taichi
▪ Subaru: “He can’t get a girl!”
▪ Taichi: “You’re not nice enough” (4,5 times)
▪ Matsu, Joshima, Maru, Hina and Yoko: “let’s go drink somewhere else”
▪ Joshima runs and hides behind machine
▪ Ryo offered to pay and Nagase was like “Kay!”
▪ Yoko stopped Yamaguchi from fighting
▪ Kansai Johnny’s were jealous of Tackey: “cuz he steals our sales!!”
▪ The “Kan” for “Kanjani8” is not from Kansai. It’s from “Kansai Terebi” XDD What?
▪ Koichi hosts two shows [ 1, 2 ]
▪ “Domoto Koichi no News Labo” dedicated to recent news from the world of science
▪ Guesting specialists from different fields will help Koichi with his reports
▪ Koichi finally gets to indulge his fascination
▪ “Kasei Daibouken” to talk the landing of the space probe “Curiosity” landing on Mars
▪ To air on NHK Space Channel BS Premium on Sept 1
▪ Oricon Charts [ 1, 2 ]
▪ Chanakapana reaches #1 on the charts with 244k copies
▪ Yay! 4-nin NEWS keeps up the hit streak!
▪ King - Kinki Kids 2011-2012 tops music-DVD and overall DVD charts with 70k copies sold
▪ Ohno to be Disney navigator [ 1 ]
▪ To be navigator for documentary "Everything is to reach my dream ~Walt Disney, The Path of Creation~"
▪ To air on NHK in August for 110th anniversary for Walt Disney’s birthday
▪ Ohno is first TV personality to step foot inside the development facility for theme park attractions
▪ Will also visit Disney Studios and experience firsthand the animators
▪ “Wouldn’t it be cool if Ohno were to be able to draw something for them?!?”
▪ What strings did Japan and Johnny pull to get first access to these amazing facilities?!?!
▪ To air Aug 22, from 10-11:30pm
▪ Kokuritsu concerts, Ara-Fes [ 1, 2 ]
▪ To hold concerts in Kokuritsu on Sept 20-21
▪ This time Arashi will let fans vote from July 21-31 what songs will be in the concert
▪ Out of 240 A-sides, B-sides and album songs, Top 30 will be chosen
▪ Only 5 will be performing, with no backdancing Jrs
▪ Aiba, MatsuJun and Ohno visited New York to visit broadway shows and get inspiration
▪ Ero Album and everything else [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ]
▪ Ero ~ 2012 Version ~ PV is … weird O_O
▪ Mannequins are supposed to be erotic (we think) but instead they just make Yamapi seem like a psychopath/crossdresser
▪ What’s with the *spoiler* girl in the closet?!?!? O_O
▪ So creeped out by this PV
▪ Song is supposedly about a dark, sadistic love!?? But STILL!! O_O
▪ Pi is fawning over the items, “Just wear it already!!”
▪ In making we see that Pi is wearing contacts for a bit!
▪ Pi breaks a necklace and is surprised by the girl inside the closet (“Oh!.. hello”)
▪ In special interview, Yamapi talks about the different songs
▪ Admits he chose Ai, Texas because of the name and it being right after coming back from Texas
▪ Oh, Pi, you’re so easy
▪ Manager suggested Pi pick ERO as his lead song for his album
▪ Recording documentary shows Pi recording his songs and how he’s really involved with the production of his music
▪ Sidenote: Johnny’s seems to be doing a lot to change the image of the boys as ‘idols’
▪ At the end it shows a mini-PV for “Nayami no Mori no Manaka de”
▪ Pi sings with pianist accompanying. So beautiful!
▪ Like the songs on the album
▪ Broad range of songs which are strong on their own but sound weird all together
▪ Shiver and Odoru Yoru are our favorites
▪ ER single and PV [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ]
▪ Pretty neutral opinion of ‘ER’
▪ Liked B-sides (Ame Nochi Bare, the most)
▪ Three versions of PV
▪ Catalogue version introduces all characters and their AWESOME attacks XDD
▪ Ohkura’s power is to change appearances by getting big eyebrows and a dog??
▪ Hina is a supermodel (not :P)
▪ Super Mix version mixes in scenes from Lip-Synch and Catalogue versions
▪ Super Mix is the best because it mixes the best parts from other versions and includes action scenes
▪ What’s with the water scenes?!?
▪ LMFAO!! Yoko had to film again cuz cameraman wasn’t filming
▪ Hina falls off belt
▪ ‘Hi, I’m Ryo Nishikido. Wat up?’ ‘Maa, iiya’ XDDD
▪ Desperately trying to remember lyrics
▪ Music Lovers, July 22 [ 1, 2 ]
▪ Performed ‘Musekinin Hero’ and ‘TWL’
▪ Izumi Pinko was K8’s guest (they know her well??)
▪ Tell lots of stories
▪ Hina fought with Subaru in the hotel lobby when they were younger!!
▪ Hina and Subaru were sharing a room and Hina borrowed and used up Subaru’s shampoo
▪ Subaru decided to get mad at him in the lobby
▪ Perform a bit of ER and intro each member
▪ HAMMER TIME!!! Dun dun dunna
▪ Yamada is the next Kindaichi [ 1, 2 ]
▪ 4th Johnny’s to play this role: Domoto Tsuyoshi, MatsuJun and Kame
▪ Will air in Fall
▪ Story will take place in Hong Kong where Miyuki is preparing for a fashion show and gets kidnapped
▪ Tamamori to appear in Bakaleya movie [ 1, 2 ]
▪ Going to be playing legendary OB Majima Kenji of Kikuei High School
▪ His character will face off with students from the delinquent Makada High School
▪ Fujigaya on Hanamaru Cafe, July 12 [ 1 ]
▪ Was assistant in Feb 2009 – went to locations, etc
▪ Now is star! XD
▪ Loves ripped jeans (REALLY ripped ones)
▪ Doesn’t wash them (gets mad when Mom does)
▪ Owns 20 of them and doesn’t wash any of them! O_O
▪ And when grandma tries to fix them XD
▪ Wants to become Best Jeanist
▪ Him and his Mom get mistaken for a couple! XD
▪ Shop owner: “It’s nice that you have such a young boyfriend” AWKWARD!
▪ Has 2 brothers (2 and 4 yrs younger)
▪Was a rebel who got into trouble
▪Doesn’t know who sent in his application in Elem 5 (Mom searched but couldn’t find out so gave up)
▪ Couldn’t dance, failed but went to return number and it was Johnny (‘You’re amazing for talking to me’)
▪ Kame, Jin and Nakamaru were in same audition as Fujigaya
▪ Good friends with Honda Miyu (8 yrs old) – ‘she talks and mails like an adult
▪ Goes out to restaurant with her (and her mom)
L E T T E R / Q U E S T I O N
▪ Next week/This week's question: If your favorite Johnny's group were to do an English album, choose five songs you'd want on it. (In other words, song that they've already done, but translated to English.)
▪ No time so we're moving it to next week.
Songs used in this week's podcast are from
SMAP's Sakasama no Sora single.
phone number: 213-537-2278