Do you know how long it's been since I've posted?! MONTHS! :O Here's to hoping I don't mess it up somehow. (Also, on a personal note, I'd really like to thank all of you who have commented and emailed saying that you've missed me what with all the episodes I've not be there for. You have no idea how much it means to me and I appreciate the support as I've had some medical issues lately. I've missed jepcast more than I can articulate and promise to do my utmost to be here more often from now on. -- jennie)Date:
47.2 MBDownload Links: MU
Jennie, Kamika, Peyton & Rhey
Note: If the streaming isn't showing the latest episode, please clear your cache and refresh.
O P E N I N G ( 0 : 0 0 ) ▪ Long emails from listeners make us happy
▪ Peyton will be investing in a leather whip
▪ Rhey tries really hard to be enthusiastic about this
▪ Kami stalks our itunes and screencaps our comm profile. We have fun outing her. XD
N E W S ( 3 : 4 5 )TOKIO/Kanjani8
▪ Dash, April 12 [ 1 ]
▪ Predictably they want a map to lead them to good food.
▪ People on the street think Nagase & Ohkura are totally creep.
▪ Tsuyoshi's single is #1, album is #3 in charts [ 1 ]
▪ "Tsuyoshi just got lucky."
▪ "Why can't artists stay under one goddamn name?"
▪ "No, Rhey is more insane than you."
▪ We tangent onto Yamapi and Rhey's weird last.fm quirks.
▪ Tsuyoshi on Ontama, April 13 [ 1 ▪ 2 ▪ 3 ▪ 4 ▪ 5 ]
▪ "Tsuyoshi was made to do some weird shit."
▪ Tsuyoshi naps on air.
▪ Tsuyoshi on Music Fighter April 10 [ 1 ]
▪ Tsuyoshi lets his birthday candles burn out on their own
▪ Kids don't try this at home. Please call the firemen if you have a fire.
▪ Tsuyoshi on Waratte Iitomo, April 14 [ 1 ]
▪ Tsuyoshi's nickname is Purple
▪ Three days Johnny's streak! (in a non-nudity way)
▪ Tsuyoshi likes to put Yoko on the spot
▪ Peyton's Yoko bias is revealed
▪ A love song for senior citizens?
▪ "I can't believe we have to explain this in detail."
▪ Arashi sets a new DVD record [ 1 ▪ 2 ]
▪ Matsujun on Ousama no Brunch, April 11 [ 1 ]
▪ Matsujun on Akko ni Omakase, April 12 [ 1 ▪ 2 ]
▪ Matsujun on Sunday Japon, April 12 [ 1 ▪ 2 ]
▪ Matsujun on Lincoln, April 14 [ 1 ]
▪ Matsujun on Asazuba, April 17 [ 1 ]
▪ Matsujun on Hanamaru Cafe, April 17 [ 1 ]
▪ The jingle changed! We are sad.
▪ "And now onto actual Matsujun stuff." (and then we start talking about Ohno)
▪ Matsujun was in Arizona over New Years
▪ "Speaking of annoying things..."
▪ Indecent fan proposals!
▪ Matsujun on Hiro Obi, April 17 [ 1 ]
▪ Sho on Sukkiri, April 17 [ 1 ]
▪ When Sho turned in his JE application, his mother laughed at him
▪ Rhey likes to tangent back to Matsujun when discussing other people
▪ Newscaster Uchiwas!
▪ "He looks like a fishmonger"
▪ Sho, Yoko on Omoikkiri Don!, April 17 [ 1 ]
▪ "There was like nothing on it. It was dumb!"
▪ Shige gets sexual [ 1 ▪ 2 ]
▪ "The character he plays is addicted to sex." "Shige??"
▪ "How does Shige even score butais?"
▪ We predict that both Koyama and Massu will go
and hopefully make fun of him
▪ Koyama on Waratte Iitomo, April 13 [ 1 ▪ 2 ]
▪ "All I remember is him calling Tsuyoshi for some reason."
▪ It was really awkward
▪ We discuss Johnny's boys and their tendency not to discuss their fathers
▪ Yoko on Waratte Iitomo, April 15 [ 1 ]
▪ "He's been talking about his banana diet for like a month"
▪ Yokoyama Hiroshi
▪ "He looked yummy" "..."
▪ Puzzle (Album, PVs, Makings of, Clips), April 15 [ 1 ▪ 2 ▪ 3 ▪ 4 ▪ 5 ]
▪ We all are pretty spastic about this album
▪ We also spend a LOT of time talking about it
▪ Peyton gets annoyed by Jennie's listening habits
▪ "This is the first album of Kanjani8's that I've put on my ipod."
▪ "Subaru is kind of an acquired taste"
▪ Peyton's Yoko flail is expansive
▪ Maruyama names his solo song after himself
▪ "Rhey stop moving."
▪ "Glorious is being used as a verb which is kind of weird."
▪ "If Subaru had been in the bed that would have been really weird."
▪ All three boys are thinking about the same girl. Which is weird.
▪ Western vs Japanese
▪ "The best part is when the sparkles come out of Maruyama's crotch."
▪ Puzzle dissection
▪ "Everyone should be picking up this album is basically what we're saying."
▪ NTV Bangumi SP, April 11 [ 1 ]
▪ A guy squats on Aiba's face
▪ Waratte Iitomo Haru SP, April 13 [ 1 ]
▪ "Let's just talk about Nakai's gorgeous hair."
▪ Do we actually like someone with a perm?
▪ Ueda adorableness abounds
▪ Nakai nicknames Ueda KATSUN
L E T T E R / Q U E S T I O N ( 1 : 1 4 : 5 0 ) ▪ Who do you think the four hosts of JEP Cast would be if they were JE boys and why?
▪ Listener responses from claveldelpoeta, riterandreader, xx_me_myself_i & s2_megan.
▪ Peyton: Koyama (3), Jin (3), Kame, Sho, Koki, Koyama/Shige
▪ Jennie: Tego (2), Koyama (2), Matsujun, Hey!Say!Jump, Kame/Yamapi/Ohno, Tegomasu, Ohno
▪ Kami: Sho (2), Chinen, Subaru, Aiba, Massu, Ueda, Matsujun
▪ Rhey: Ryo (5), Ohno (2), Matsujun (2), Aiba/Ohno/Nino, Nino
▪ We seem to view each other a little differently than all the listeners.
▪ Kami - Koyama, Shige, Koyama/Shige
▪ Peyton - Koyama/Sho, Kame, Yoko
▪ Jennie - Matsujun, Jin, Tsuyoshi (XD)
▪ Rhey - Ryo, Ohno, (Ishibashi?)
▪ Next week: What's your impression of Tackey & Tsubasa's Imai Tsubasa?
C L O S I N G ( 1 : 3 9 : 0 0 ) ▪ We rejoice when we receive VOICEMAIL!! Too bad we can't figure out who it's from XD
▪ Send us voicemails!
▪ We aren't really as conceited as Peyton makes us sound
Voicemail: 206-339-6065 or Skype username 'jepcast'
Support JEP Cast!
If you are already planning on buying the singles mentioned in today's podcast, we ask that you please consider using our following affiliate links. The money gained from this goes straight into covering web costs; anything extra will go into buying prizes, such as, CDs and DVDs, for future JEP Cast contests. We appreciate all the support you can give us!