Let the Kami!jokes begin! XD Recorded on January 19th, 2009 with your lonely two hosts, tinyangl
/Kamika and ginzarhapsody
/Peyton, we give our al to bring you the latest in Johnny's Entertainment news and finish off the final installment to our talk on Yamada Taro Monogatari
. (Listen to the transition songs! I had so much fun picking out the "Home Party" clips! *laughs*)The One Where Kami Has Shizuku
Running Time: 1:21:30
Size: 37.3 MB
Download Links: MU
Hosts: Peyton and KamikaStreaming Audio:
Note: If the streaming isn't showing the latest episode, please clear your cache and refresh.Show Notes:
▪ GUESS WHO'S GOING TO SEE SAKURAI SHO IN PERSON??! *FLAIL*
▪ Misunderstandings that help get Kami to take initiative are wonderful things! :Dv
JE NEWS (4:06)
■ Kamenashi on Koichi's Unlucky Lab, January 14 1 ▪ 2
▪ "...Koichi and KAT-TUN, which is a combination I didn't think I'd ever hear again."
▪ "...Koichi and Kame on the same stage playing along with one another... THAT SOUNDS REALLY BAD!! DX"
▪ "...they kind of rubbed KinKi the wrong way..."
■ Hana Yori Dango is #3 best selling Japanese DVD of all time 1 ▪ 2
▪ Peyton seeks to clear the air and explain in full her recent turn away from Arashi and announce her re-ignited love for Arashi! \:D/
▪ "...come a year, half of those DVDs will be in Book Off." XD
■ New Double A-side single release, "Believe"/"Kumori Nochi, Kaisei" 1 ▪ 2
▪ CDJapan fails us again with the lack of their wonderful one-line descriptions! *pout*
▪ Peyton ninjas in talk about the speculation for KAT-TUN's single after "One Drop". *hee*
■ Sakurai Sho to be at New York Comic Con with Miike Takeshi for Yatterman's world premiere 1 ▪ 2
▪ The news was still fresh at the time, so confirmation that Sakurai would actually be there wasn't available yet.
▪ THINK POSITIVE! :Dvv
▪ SAKURAI'S GOING WORLDWIDE! *cue KAT-TUN's "GOLD"*
■ Takki's "Ai.Kakumei" Single numbers
▪ "...he managed to get number one..."
▪ Again, the news source allows Peyton to tangent and babble about Koichi. *glee~*
▪ "...they come up behind me and try to solicit me to do an AV movie..." XDDD
▪ "I LOVE YOU, TAKKI! GOOD LUCK!" "Like he's listening to the podcast right now."
■ Code Blue Special ratings
▪ Code Blue is one of Peyton's favorite dramas, and so she babbles. ;P
■ Yamapi on Vanilla Kibun, January 10th
▪ We discuss fandom's interesting reaction to one very specific moment in the overall interview.
▪ YamaPi kind of goes existential on us. :OO
▪ Deconstructing YamaPi's comments grammatically. To pronoun, or not to pronoun?
▪ We speculate on YamaPi's mental state during this interview.
▪ "Emo!YamaPi, we love you. You probably just went and ate some Kobe beef afterward to make yourself happy."
▪ YamaPi gives props to Jin and Toma, but where is the love for Ryo? D:
■ Ohkura, Yokoyama, and Murakami on Tetsuko no Heya, January 16th
■ TOKIO's Matsuoka Masahiro on Tetsuko no Heya, January 9th
▪ "...I didn't watch either one because Tetsuko CREEPS ME OUT." :x
▪ Yokoyama hams so incredibly well for television. <3
▪ We take off talking about Yokoyama, who probably had the most unique experiences as a junior. "Yokoyama, the idol of the people!" XD
DRAMA TALK (32:28)
■ Yamada Taro Monogatari 8-10
▪ "...also has something to do with Mimura stimulating things in Taro..."
▪ "They're poor as shit, but they're happy. That's what the whole drama's about."
▪ "Oh, you two guys. I can believe you just did air guitar for an opening. That's just weird."
▪ "It literally is a drama written for Arashi."
▪ The history of Arashi and their epic air guitar battle. XD
▪ "...we're analyzing their performance." "Yes, 'cause air guitar is such an intricate sport."
▪ Ohno is a gay captain? We certainly didn't know that. ;P
▪ "You just said 'little butt'." "I said 'little bud'. You're disgusting."
▪ "You know what I love about that? Sho can just not smile and it's acting." XDD
▪ "...the drama would have HAD substance if that had happened."
▪ THE DRAMA ACTUALLY HAS A POINT! \:D/ The tenants of Japanese philosophy.
▪ Yamada Taro Monogatari messes with traditional Hollywood storyline conventions; maybe that's why we don't jive with it.
▪ "...because she's totally S like that. She likes to watch people be like strangely M."
▪ Next, we change gears and genres totally with the first four episodes of Tatta Hitotsu no Koi with Kamenashi Kazuya and Tanaka Koki! :)
LETTER SEGMENT (1:07:22)
■ This week's question - What do you know/think of Hey!Say!JUMP's Inoo Kei?
▪ A lone answer from angx106 that brings in comparisons to NEWS's Shige! \:D/
▪ Kami and Peyton have trouble getting Inoo right. Inoo, Inoue, Inoo? XD
▪ Peyton rambles about
being creep researching Meiji. XD
▪ We ponder what made Inoo go into Architecture. Hmm...
▪ Next week's question have us asking, What new dramas for the winter season you interested in watching (JE dramas or otherwise)?
■ The struggle to create another wonderful namesquish. XD
▪ "That sounds like we're hookers."
▪ Peymika? PAPRIKA! XDDDD
▪ "I have Kami! Kami no Shizuku. But you have Shizuku! XDDDD"
Voicemail: 206-202-3859 or Skype username 'jepcast'
Support JEP Cast!
If you are already planning on buying the singles mentioned in today's podcast, we ask that you please consider using our following affiliate links. The money gained from this goes straight into covering web costs; anything extra will go into buying prizes, such as, CDs and DVDs, for future JEP Cast contests. We appreciate all the support you can give us!