Welcome to the thirty-seventh episode of JEPcast, recorded on November 8th with your hosts Kami/tinyangl
is off vacationing in Paris this week. Yes, the rest of us are really jealous.The One With An Arashi OverloadRunning Time:
36.6 MBDownload Links: MU
| MFStreaming Audio: Due to technical difficulties, streaming and iTunes will not be updated until later. We apologize for the delay.Show Notes:
▪ Japanese programming on American television, ooh la la. *_*
JE NEWS (4:46)
■ New single, Beautiful Days: one ▪ two ▪ three ▪ four ▪ five.
▪ Lol, everyone has trouble saying Wasurerarenai.
▪ Peyton loves this single, but Kami, not so much. Yay, balance?
▪ Has Aiba done nothing this year???
■ Beautiful Days PV: one ▪ two ▪ three.
▪ CHEESY DRAWINGS, SO PRETTY.
▪ OMG I want those pretty lights for my room; who cares about practicality!!
▪ MatsuJun's hair looks horrible; he looks like a girl-- a girl with a terrible bowl cut.
■ Nino on Channel Rock: one ▪ two.
▪ Nino doesn't cook, does too much magic, values bonds of friendship over romance, etc.
■ Hey!Hey!Hey! appearance: one ▪ two ▪ three.
▪ HIDEOUS AIBA PANTS. What does wearing this potato sack have anything to do with feelings of nostalgia???
▪ Aiba splits open his pants! Nino helps rip the hole bigger!
▪ Arashi proves they don't suck at their own game.
▪ No one tells Aiba their secrets! Even though he's supposedly a good secret keeper.
■ Utaban appearance: one ▪ two.
▪ Arashi are the teacher's pet on Utaban; they get the longer interviews.
▪ ARASHI ARASHI OH YEAH~~
▪ Arashi performs in Korean and Mandarin, with various levels of success...
▪ Aiba goes "hm hm hm hm." Might as well have been going "watermelon watermelon."
▪ Sho sets his ringtones to Arashi songs and then is embarrassed for it, lol.
▪ Toda Erika has nothing to say to Nakai, because, according to Ohno, she "doesn't like Nakai." Cue fight.
▪ Recounting of ~The Hakone Trip~ that Arashi's talked to death by now.
▪ BORING SUSHI GAME SEGMENT THING.
■ Music Station appearance: one ▪ two.
▪ Ohno is the Japanese Harry Potter!
▪ Perf is boring, but, uhh, pretty sets?
▪ MatsuJun likes to molest Ohno's knee.
■ Aiba and Hina (KANJANI8) have butais: one ▪ two ▪ three.
▪ Peyton is dying.
NEWS & KAT-TUN
■ Massu and Nakamaru to star in drama together: one ▪ two ▪ three ▪ four ▪ five ▪ six.
▪ Rescue rangers? Power Rangers? It's morphin time?
▪ Massu's charatcer's name, likey, is not Shigeru, and thus, won't be called Shige, okay?
▪ Firemen version of Code Blue?
▪ Massu eating nikuman. (This is an official invitation to cynicalism to skin Peyton. \:D/)
▪ OMG, promos with Maru and Massu! *_*
▪ Speculation on who'll be doing the theme song...
■ Concert schedule: one.
▪ Yamazaki Kunta-- I have nothing to say. Peyton takes it to the gutter.
DRAMA TALK (41:19)
■ Tiger & Dragon SP.
▪ Five minutes with Peyton-sensei: summarizing T&D, explaining rakugo, elaborating on casting, fangirling over Itoh Misaki, etc.
▪ The clever method of story telling employed by this drama is very impressive.
▪ Tora's (Nagase) image: the yakuza with a big dick.
▪ OMAE NO KAACHAN!!!!! (your mom)
▪ Capsule hotel! It looks so cool. *_*
▪ Nagase's too good at playing this Yakuza-type character. Feels like Toraji was written specifically for him.
▪ Peyton talks some more about Itoh Misaki...as expected.
▪ next time: Tiger & Dragon, episodes 1-4!
LETTER SEGMENT (1:05:30)
■ this week's question: What would you like to see the JE boys dress up as for Halloween?
▪ Listener responses from gingifere, quiraikotsu and mrsfinny.
▪ Massu as a pumpkin, Yamapi as a dead fish , Shige as Phoenix Wright, etc.
AKAME KAT-TUN POKEMON COSPLAY!
▪ a;lsdk;alsd KAME AS KANAME FROM VAMPIRE KNIGHT LOL RIDICULOUS
■ next week's question: What is your impression of Tegoshi Yuuya? Tell us what you like about him, what you dislike, etc.
▪ Kanjani 8 member Rap!!
▪ Ryo the LAST FRIEND, Yasu's GayGAY(???), Hina's tough job, Yoko the Wonderboy, etc, etc.
Voicemail: 206-202-3859 or Skype username 'jepcast'
Support JEP Cast!
If you are already planning on buying the singles mentioned in today's podcast, we ask that you please consider using our following affiliate links. The money gained from this goes straight into covering web costs; anything extra will go into buying prizes, such as, CDs and DVDs, for future JEP Cast contests. We appreciate all the support you can give us!