And here we have it: the 33rd episode of JEPcast! Recorded on October 11th with all four of our hosts once again — Jennie/jadedfrenzy
, and Rhey/4_03_am
— bringing you the usual flail and insanity. As we are covering two week's worth of news since we took last week off, this is our longest episode yet XDThe One Where Toma Apologizes to Tokyo Dome... Multiple TimesRunning Time:
45.8 MBDownload Links: MU
| MFMy premium SS account is about to expire and so we aren't planning on providing SS links from now on.Streaming Audio:
Note: If the streaming isn't showing the latest episode, please clear your cache and refresh.Show Notes:
▪ Jennie dreams about JEP Cast, we all talk over each other horribly, and somehow we end up on the topic of the dawn of the internet.
JE NEWS (4:44)
■ Higashiyama, Matsuoka & Ohkura together again for Hissatsu Shigotonin 2009 1 ▪ 2 ▪ 3
▪ Mabo & Ohkura will forever work together
▪ Higashi gives Ohkura acting advice
■ Reaches 10 Million in Sales!
▪ We get a little off topic with a discussion on mispronouncing Japanese words, pronouncing English words as if Japanese, and accidentally mixing Japanese into every day conversation
▪ Rhey's decided she's got to have some SMAP in her life
▪ Off topic for the win! Arashi to be the next SMAP?
■ Kusanagi in period film "Ballad: Namonaki Koi no Uta" with Aragaki Yui
▪ In her excitement, Peyton drowns out Kami's attempts at giving us the information
▪ ... the movie is based on Crayon Shin-chan? WTF?
▪ Yui? Princess? Peyton is so there.
Arashi (with a itty bit of TOKIO on the side)
■ VS Arashi Special, Oct 1 1 ▪ 2
▪ Yamaguchi drunk dialing MatsuJun
▪ TOKIO is too good for strategy. They also note the difference in venue size between their concerts and Arashi's.
▪ Sho is a big loser and is now banned from playing with others
▪ Arashi just likes punishing people
■ Ryuusei no Kizuna on Tokyo Friend Park II 1 ▪ 2
▪ Jennie tries to talk about Ryo pretending to be a gorilla but everyone ignores her
▪ Ryo is ninja spiderman and Erika is full of fail
▪ Nino should call Ryo Nishiki-nii from now on or so says Jennie
Tackey & Tsubasa
■ Takki releasing first solo cd
▪ Ooh! There go squirels!
▪ Takki dressing up as an 80-year-old man is the highlight?
▪ Costumes + Takki = win?
■ Hey!x3, Sept 29 1 ▪ 2 ▪ 3 ▪ 4
▪ Peyton can't NOT bring up KoyaPi
▪ Perfume flail
▪ Ryo and Tego and the Mystery of the Switching Hat
■ Happy Birthday single
▪ Arguements ensue over which is the best song
■ New album, color
▪ Important things first: despite our fears, JEP Cast did NOT jinx this
▪ Jennie doesn't understand the purpose of title speculation
▪ "...it sounds like some happy, 'let's hold hands' song, spin around in a circle..." ... "It sounds like a Massu song." ... "If anyone other than Massu is singing it, I'm going to revolt."
■ New Single, Musekinin Hero
▪ Kanjani8 aren't the neglected step children after all
■ First episode of Can!Jani, Oct 4
▪ Peyton can't get over the snarky can that mocks K8.
▪ "Ryo gets so scared, so easily"
▪ Small steps in saving the world... or something
■ Music Station, Oct 3 1 ▪ 2 ▪ 3 ▪ 4 ▪ 5 ▪ 6
▪ "I think this is the first time I can honestly say that I found all of Kanjani8 HOT."
▪ Peyton has another KoyaPi moment. Of course.
▪ Ryo does double duty
▪ Kanjani8's "It's My Soul" is a love song? "All I remember are hot pants"
■ Mayonaka no Shadow Boy PV
▪ We are all nervous about implicating ourselves in illegal actions
▪ "Do you have anything SAFE to say?"
▪ "Hikaru was in the PV?"
▪ Lyric confusion for the win!
■ Oshareism, Oct 5
▪ Yamapi is Toma's entitled girl friend. Is Toma two-timing him with Shun?
▪ "I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be getting drunk right before shooting." ... "We tell that to Koichi everytime he goes on variety shows but he's always drunk."
▪ "Sorry Tokyo Dome"
DRAMA TALK (57:43)
■ Long Love Letter: 1-3
▪ We are all confused on whether it's based on a manga or a book
▪ Discussion covers everything from foreshadowing to themes to genre to character usage to parallels and contrasts and more.
▪ Ootomo with a lightsaber?
▪ Peyton goes a little intellectual on us
▪ Rhey is annoyed by aprons
▪ "I want her in the damn classroom so I can see more of her."
▪ "They could take FIVE YEARS to chisel that hole and it would STILL BE THERE. It's the FUTURE!"
■ Make sure to watch episodes 4-7 for next week!
LETTER SEGMENT (1:25:25)
■ What is the best way to get people into Johnny's?
▪ Listener responses from Ria, aralana, supersaiyananf, and beargirl26.
▪ Kami lures people in with picspams
▪ Peyton teaches us how to turn people OFF of JE
▪ Rhey insists on Hanadan
▪ Jennie fails at converting her friends... except for her husband who's a sucker for electric shocks.
■ Next week's topic: KAT-TUN's Kamenashi Kazuya ("Oh my god, FINALLY! YES!")
■ Jennie's husband performs a mime act
▪ "Okay. Moving AWAY from the throw up"
▪ When Jin hipthrusts on stage, he's thinking about showers and go karting
Voicemail: 206-202-3859 or Skype username 'jepcast'
Support JEP Cast!
If you are already planning on buying the singles mentioned in today's podcast, we ask that you please consider using our following affiliate links. The money gained from this goes straight into covering web costs; anything extra will go into buying prizes, such as, CDs and DVDs, for future JEP Cast contests. We appreciate all the support you can give us!
digg del.icio.us facebook