Welcome to the twenty-ninth episode of JEPcast, recorded on September 6th with your hosts Jennie/jadedfrenzy
, and Peyton/ginzarhapsody
is kind of MIA this week because she's lost her voice, but as Satan puts it, she's still around "in spirit." The One Where Aiba Tops JinRunning Time:
37.7 MBDownload Links: MU
| MFStreaming Audio: Show Notes:
▪ "Today Rhey is dumb."
▪ Kami and Satan fight over who is psychic.
JE NEWS (3:04)
■ Amagasa PV
▪ "I always appreciate when they put boys-- wet-- in slow motion." (Except in Tokunatsu Vibration)
■ Amagasa Single
▪ Everyone seems to love Akireru Kurai Bokura wa Negao.
■ Utaban and Music Station appearances
▪ Jennie and Rhey search high and low in futility for a nonexistent Utaban interview.
▪ Amagasa is a really difficult song; it took Nagase eight hours to record it.
▪ Jennie's theory of the guys' fashion getting better with age is proven wrong. Nagase skins 101 dalmatians.
■ Tsuyoshi on Haneru no Tobira and Kowazu Girai
▪ Tsuyoshi breaks the JE boys' (two year long) losing streak at Kowazu Girai.
▪ Tsuyoshi fails on the Abbreviation Train.
■ Secret Code reaches #1 on Oricon Charts.
▪ Kinki Kids has 27 consecutive #1 singles now, beating their own record.
■ 24 Hours TV. one ▪ two ▪ three ▪ four ▪ five ▪ six ▪ seven (Nino's letter) ▪ eight (Tegoshi).
▪ MatsuJun, give me my legs back.
▪ Tegoshi's segment gets canceled because of the rain, but is said to come back next year. (NEWS SHOULD HOST NEXT YEAR!!1elevenshiftone!)
▪ Nino's heart-warming letter surprises everyone.
▪ MatsuJun gets multiple bottles full of extra virgin olive oil as a birthday present from Arashi.
▪ ...Random babble about Will Smith.
■ New CM for Ryusei no Kizuna.
▪ LOL ~*~Meteor Bonds~*~
▪ Nino, Ryo, and Erika look nothing alike... Dun dun dun, plot twist! They all have different daddies.
■ Ikuta Toma's Grease Promotions: one ▪ two ▪ three.
■ Best Jeanist Award: one ▪ two ▪ three.
▪ Kame wins for the third consequtive time.
▪ Aiba is #3, topping Jin in #4. Tsuyoshi is #7, and Yamapi, #9.
▪ Shouldn't you actually have an ass to fill out your jeans to win "best jeanist"?
DRAMA MOVIE TALK (41:12)
■ Pika☆nchi Life is Hard Dakedo Happy
▪ Pika☆nchi is loosely based on V6's Inocchi's life growing up in Tokyo.
▪ MatsuJun always seems to play really creepy, smiley characters in Arashi movies-- like he just stepped out of Pleasantville.
▪ Kami can't see MatsuJun as this smiley type of charatcer. Rhey can't see him as a "POOLS! TOPLESS!" type of guy, either.
▪ Stuff about Aiba, their tight-knit community, parallels to Stand UP!, etc.
▪ There was no real porn scene in the movie, despite what Peyton makes it sound like.
▪ "...Is Ohno Just playing himself?!"
▪ Significance of "the boat."
▪ Bitching about cinematography.
■ Next week's drama: Sushi Ouji; episodes 1-4.
LETTER SEGMENT (1:05:18)
■ Thanks for the great feedback on last week's special.
▪ Lol, next time, more flail, less crit? XD;;
■ This week's question: Which Johnny's boy would you give a makeover to, and what would you do to him?
▪ Someone (not his mommy) teach Ohno how to shop (not via mail order).
▪ Tackey, stop being so tacky.
▪ NO FUGPERMS, NO TEGOTAN, NO WAISTSCARVES, NO FRUITY MEXICAN OUTFITS, NO PINEAPPLES.
■ Next week's question: What do you like or dislike about Kato Shigeaki?
▪ Getting to know Shige: one ▪ two ▪ three.
▪ YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO TALK TO US.
▪ The Adventures of KK and YT, as reported by Yamashita Tomohisa: Stickers as Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Please contact us with your thoughts and opinions, here at jep_cast
, in the comments, or at our email- email@example.com
. You can also reach us via voicemail at 206-202-3859
. Please remember that all of these methods can be used when replying to our question of the week - "What do you like or dislike about Kato Shigeaki?"
! :D Get your answers in so that you can also be a part of the discussion!fun! And remember, next week we'll be starting on Sushi Ouji
with episodes 1-4! :)
Support JEP Cast!
If you are already planning on buying the singles mentioned in today's podcast, we ask that you please consider using our following affiliate links. The money gained from this goes straight into covering web costs; anything extra will go into buying prizes, such as, CDs and DVDs, for future JEP Cast contests. We appreciate all the support you can give us! digg del.icio.us facebook