And here we have it: the twenty-fourth episode of JEPcast! Recorded on August 2nd with three of our four hosts— Jennie/jadedfrenzy
, and Rhey/4_03_am
— present for the duration of the entire episode to bring you the crazies. Kami/tinyangl
couldn't join us this time due to familial obligations, but fear not! She'll be back next time. ;)The One With All The Girly BoysRunning Time:
38.4 MBDownload Links: MU
| MFStreaming Audio: Show Notes:
- Let's have some Kami lovin'!
JE NEWS (2:55)
- Kusanagi joins Nakai in the latter's upcoming film Watashi wa Kai ni Naritai (minor role).
- Oops, we ended up talking all about Nakai...and not Kusanagi.
- Nakai in a serious role? For real face? No fake?
- Nagano on Ousama no Brunch
- Vibes CD promotion on Channel-A
- There is a talking deer-head!!!
- SAKAMOTO TANKTOP = DROOL. Y/Y?
- Vibes CD released
- We still don't know what the heck it is: album, mini album, DVD single?!
- Tokunatsu VIBRATION and Kitto Yokunaru are Peyton's favorites.
- Image of Vibes
- Despite what Jennie says, guys, don't do drugs!
- JE PV budgets just keep decreasing: start off with a dollar, now we're down to basically twenty five cents.
- New single release announced. Light In Your Heart/Swing
- Single will be theme song to the upcoming film Daikessen! Cho Ultra 8 Kyodai
- B-side Swing will also have a PV. Oh man, are they gonna have to divide up the $0.25 budget between the two now? :x
- Oops, side tracked to Arashi flail.
- V6 on Hey!Hey!Hey! with Hey!Say!JUMP
- The caucasian mannequin woman lives!
- Miyake Ken is 18, and looks like a puppy.
- Hadaka-san smacking the members in the ass. Woo, what a performance!
- Watch the Hey!Say!JUMP part yourselves or you'll have no idea what Jennie and Peyton are going on about.
- Music Station appearance for Beyond the Sky
- The backdancing is ~*HARDCORE*~
- RickyMartin!Tsubasa. Creepy, but kinda hot? :x
- Yasuda Shota to appear on fifth episode of Yasuko to Kenji
- Evil!Sarcastic!Black-haired!Yasu. O_O
- Mini Japanese culture lesson from Peyton-Sensei.
- Oh, no! Ohno in trouble! Complications ensue
- Divorce of two media power houses: JE boycotting Kodansha?
DRAMA TALK (24:02): Pride; 8-11
- Queen music is used perfectly throughout the series.
- I was born to love you~. Peyton's hate for the mother complex theme has turned this song into 'I was born to love you...mom' for Rhey.
- Aki, the waiting woman. She really needs to get another hobby besides WAITING.
- Natsukawa the Asshole goes DV!Sousuke on Aki.
- Hockey > Aki? Halu's dilemma. Aki = Ice Goddess. Ice Goddess ≈
Hockey. Aki ≈ Hockey. Halu = :D Y/Y?
- Kimura Takuya, so dedicated to his work. Oh, you're so dreaaamyy~ even if you lose your teeth.
- Halu analysis: he's all about the aloneness, dude.
- Petition to producers of Pride: lay off on a the cheese, guys, and keep some subtlety intact. Hello, over-the-top symbolism and imagery. DO NOT WANT.
- Next drama: SAPURI. Yes, Peyton's excited, how could you ever tell.
LETTER SEGMENT (1:02:57)
- This week's question: In JE, who do you think is the most girly?
- The votes are in, and here are the results (comments):
- Tegoshi - 5
- Jin - 3
- Ueda - 3
- Ryo - 2
- Uchi - 2
- Ohkura - 1
- Reading amaelamin, tatoeba, supersaiyananf, and ayuzak's explainations.
- Kami's pick is French-maid!Sho, cuz, damn, look at those killer legs on him. Peyton (and Nikki/anamuan) chooses Ueda. Jennie uncovers a gem (OH MY GOD, TSUBASA?!), but chooses Princess Massu, WTF. Rhey feels obligated to go with Shige(akko).
- Next week's question: In JE, who do you think is the most masculine?
- Please, guys, send us your answers!!!
- JEP RAP-A-THON!
- gingifere does KAT-TUN's Keep the faith.
- aralana does KAT-TUN's Signal.
- mrsfinny does NEWS' Snow Express.
- SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TODAY!
- a_brokenangel makes our day. \:D/ Welcome to JE fandom.
Please contact us with your thoughts and opinions, here at jep_cast
, in the comments, or at our email- firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also reach us via voicemail at 206-202-3859
. Please remember that all of these methods can be used when replying to our question of the week - "Who do you think is the most masculine in Johnny's?"
! :D Get your answers in so that you can also be a part of the discussion!fun! And remember, next week we'll be starting on Sapuri
with episodes 1-4! :)
Also! We've got a brand spankin' new MySpace
page! if you've got one, too, go on and friend us! :D We're also looking for someone to help keep our page updated, and if you'd like to volunteer for the position, don't hesitate to contact us via the aforementioned methods.
Hope you all have enjoyed. :Dv